This popular lightweight wheelchair features a half-folding back, quick release rear wheels and footrests. The Lightweight Aluminium Wheelchair offers a value-for-money introduction to the Aluminium Wheelchair range without compromising on quality.
- Chair folds up easily for storage
- Sturdy aluminium construction
- Tool-free height adjustable footrests
- Constructed from sturdy aluminium, this wheelchair is durable and robust, yet lightweight for transporting (weighing only 8.5kg (18.7lb) in its carrying format)
- Nylon seat and back offer comfortable support and are easy to clean
- Chair folds up easily for storage and transportation, further enhanced by half-folding backrest, quick-release footrests and rear wheels (self-propelling models only)
- Full-length armrests with upholstered arm pads increase user comfort and are easy to wipe lean
- Footrest height can be adjusted tool-free into one of 5 positions to optimise user comfort and support
- Footrests can also be swung out of the way to facilitate transfers on and off chair
- Rear stepper tubes allow carers/attendants to safely climb curbs
- Puncture-proof front wheels ensure low maintenance and longevity
- Supplied with lap belt for increased user safety Self Propel Model
- Aluminium 61cm (24”) rear wheels with hand rim and grey pneumatic tyres allow a smooth independent ride for active users whilst making chair lightweight for transporting
- Total weight: only 14.5kg (32lb) Transit Model
- Cable brakes on rear handles allow immediate access for attendant to reduce speed or lock brakes for parking
- Total weight: only 12.4kg (27.3lb) for easy transportation
Lightweight Aluminium Wheelchair LAWC002A Transit
VAT (this product is eligible for VAT relief)
VAT RELIEF DECLARATION
Note to customer, You should complete the declaration if you are ‘chronically sick or disabled’ and the goods or services are for your own personal or domestic use. A family member or carer can complete this on your behalf if you wish. You can find out more from the Helpsheets on the GOV.UK website or by telephoning the VAT Disabled Reliefs Helpline on Telephone: 0300 123 1073. HMRC staff cannot advise whether or not an individual is chronically sick or disabled.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he or she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long term and substantial adverse effect upon his or her ability to carry out everyday activities
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness It does not include an elderly person who is not disabled or chronically sick or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb. If you are unsure, you should seek guidance from your GP or other medical professional.
All mobility scooter, riser recliners, powered wheelchairs/chairs and beds are delivered using our engineer service. Our engineers will contact you to arrange a suitable day and time to deliver your product. Delivery is normally, 5-10 working days of your order being placed unless stated otherwise.
The engineer will assemble and install your product and provide you with a full demonstration. If the product is a chair or bed this will be placed in a room of your choice. The engineer will remove any unnecessary packaging and answer any questions or queries you may have,